Tuesday, March 30, 2021

M-48 A-3 Patton

 This is Dragon's 1/35th scale M-48 A-3 Patton.  It is modeled after one from the US Army's 69th Armored Division, C Company, at the Battle of Khe Sanh in 1968.  The decals are from Star Decals.  Stowage is a mix of Legend stuff from Patton sets #1181 and #1306.  The Patton is painted with Vallejo paints from the 6 bottle set entitled US Army Olive Drab.  I only used 4 of the 5 shades of olive drab, up close, you can really see the difference in shading!  The usual washes and weathering was done, I did use "Pan Pastels" for the final shading.  I have used these before and I really like them and recommend them to our readers.





Now on to the next Patton, probably an M-60!!.  Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Vince said...

Looks nice Don. Great for the Bosarth tribute.

Werner said...

Nice job Don! I think she came out great!