Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Panzer IV Ausf. D

 This is the old 1/48 Bandai kit. Out of the box with some added stowage. Very basic beginners kit, but it matches a 1/35 scale Tamiya kit I am building as well. Will make for a good comparison later.

I didn't do anything special, just painted, washed, dry-brushed and pigmented. The tracks on this are horrible and would recommend replacing with Fruils for a serious build but why waste them on an old Bandai kit.

Since I didn't do much to this it wouldn't last 5 minutes in a contest so I consider this E-Bay Fodder. 
Of course I used Modelmaster Enamels and mixed my own colors of blues and greys. Washes and weathering was done with mixed oils and pigment powders.
The bits of stowage were Black Dog. The spare tracks were from Tamiya kit. Yes, there is a bucket. I did have to add decals as the old ones disintegrated. 

Vince B.
5-12-21


1 comment: