Thursday, June 10, 2021

1/35 Scale Achzarit

 

This is Meng's 1/35 scale IDF Achzarit. It is part of the recent IDF kick that I have been on and basically built this one on a whim.

The Achzarit is a T-55 rebuilt as a heavy APC. This particular kit is the early version. The rear access hatches open but I chose to leave them closed.

The kit construction is pretty straightforward and was done right out of the box with zero modifications. I may put stowage on later, and perhaps some cree figures as well.

I used Mission Models IDF Sand Grey #1 which is supposed to have a green tint, but it doesn't. This paint sprays on well and does not require thinning for airbrushing, although I put about 5 drops of their thinner in the mix. Be careful is use this paint, as it doesn't take well to using tape for masking. It also doesn't take heavily thinned Tamiya paint being painted over it with a hand brush.
She was given a pin wash and I used Vallejo pigments for the dust and sand.



The kit comes with minimal phot-etch. The two side screens on the rear are PE as well as the mounting bracket covers. It also came with a number of very nice PE license plates, which I will be saving for future use.

This is a good kit and easy to build. I caught it on sale on Spruebrothers so it was quite affordable.

1 comment:

Vince said...

Yeah. It looks good in person too.