Thursday, June 24, 2021

1/16 Panzer IB

 From the Takom kits a few years back. This is my first attempt at 1/16 scale because it was of a small enough subject. I haven't tried putting in the case yet. 

Of course the kit is well made and has individual link working tracks. There is a trick to sliding in the plastic pins, which I figured out toward the end after breaking several of them. This allows for realistic sag on the return rollers and articulation when on ground work.

I only had one comment about the attachment of the running gear. The insertion pin into the hull has tiny 'C' clip washers which break easily, if you don't lose them first. I ended up gluing in place anyway. 

I managed to get the Value Gear set in time to complete the work.  If you haven't tried these resin add ons you should. I painted the pieces separately and glued on after completing my weathering of the tank. Then I tied up with string and re-weathered to blend in. 

Vince B.  6-25-21



1 comment:

Werner said...

Nice job Vince! You and Tom are inspiring me to try something in 1/16th.