Friday, July 2, 2021

Marder Madness

My latest fling has been modeling the German Marder.  Of course I had to find and buy all the Marder variants that existed (originally trying to stay in 35th scale).  Sometimes the chase to get what I want is as much fun as building the kits. I've got three under my belt so far, the latest being the 35th Marder III from Tamiya.  I strayed a bit with the 48th scale Tamiya kit of the III just because it was cute.  None of them are finished, each sort of stalled here at the end.  I'm going to try to finish them this holiday weekend.  I'm still learning with the whitewash and the mud, but I'm getting there,





To my eyes he Marder I looks to be kind of disproportional to the III.  I did not really notice it until I saw the pictures.  Both are Tamiya 35th, so I'm just thinking it's me.

I used Ammo by MIG acrylics for all the painting and the foliage is photoetched.  I took photos on my iPhone on my workbench.

Thanks for looking - George

3 comments:

Mike Stucker said...

They are looking really good, George. Get 'em finished!

I kind of like the disproportionate look. But then, I like odd-ball armor, anyway.

Werner said...

George, you have done a fine job. But I agree with you on the perspective of size. Good job!

Vince said...

I have always liked the Marders, and they look even better piled with stowage. Maybe you can bring into the next meeting.