Monday, July 5, 2021

Panzer IV Ausf. D

 Now I have completed the Tamiya 1/35 scale version to compliment the Bandai 1/48 scale version I completed a few months back.

This is the old 1980s release as was the Bandai kit, which was very basic. I added some details and various stowage to complete the look. 

The tracks were left over spare links from other Panzer IVs. I used several layers of chips, rust and wash for the overall effect of a worn out tank, but not damaged.

I don't normally get this muddy with my tanks, but this seemed to be begging for a lack of maintenance and in great need of a car wash with an under carriage sprayer. This effect was done with my normal oil wash, pigments and plaster for texture.

The stowage was from various sources and materials, Resin, Plastic and metal cast parts. I used a heavy thread waxed and painted, for tying down. I also used the pigment,plaster and wash method on the mufflers.

Vince B.  7-5-21


1 comment:

Werner said...

Very nice. I really like the ground work.