Sunday, July 25, 2021

Sturmtiger

 Tamiya 1/48 scale kit with added zimmerit. This was one of those easy kits... until you get to the missing details.  Like what you ask?

There wasn't any detail regarding the shell hoist. I had to drill out the frame and pulleys to pull through some EZ Line as a cable. I scratch built a facsimile of the lift ring from Evergreen strips. 

Also, there were no tow cable hooks.  I had spare cables and tow eyes so made one up and draped on the stowage hooks. I also added some personal gear from the Tamiya accessory set.


Since the kit tracks were length and link, there were two single spare links which I used and mounted on the upper structure.

Vince B.  7-25-21


 



1 comment:

Werner said...

Yet another good job! I have wanted to build one of these in 1/35 for years.