Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Meng Merkava III D

Yes, this is a great kit from Meng.  I am sure I don have to tell you why, but I will.  No Photoetch, and as we discussed in my presentation last year, Its got Great Balls. They were injection molded plastic, so I didn't have to thread tiny beads or use photo etch.  They are correctly proportioned as balls should be.





The details are great including the Tow Cables which were provided.  A few tips though, be sure to measure the cable lengths before cutting, taking into account the eylets on the ends if you want to correctly secure with chain or wire.



There was some minor warping of the large upper hull, so you will need to add bracing inside, around the turret ring to allow the turret to fit properly and not scrape the balls. Always bad to scrape your balls.

I did find some great in action photos on line that I used for ideas on weathering and base debris.  A few details added were the stowage canvas bags from clean paper towels and the antenna which is wire and wire wrap.

Vince B. 3-22-17

3 comments:

Jon Baker said...

Vince -

Ball scrapping can sometimes a part of routine maintenance. LOL! I hope not!!

Jon Baker

Werner said...

Yes, as you know I built the next version of this vehicle and I lost some of my balls. Meng was very happy to send me replacement balls through the mail. So, I ended up with spare balls when the jist was finished. Nice model, but LOTS of fiddly bits.
Another good job Vince.

Werner said...

Yes, as you know I built the next version of this vehicle and I lost some of my balls. Meng was very happy to send me replacement balls through the mail. So, I ended up with spare balls when the kit was finished. Nice model, but LOTS of fiddly bits.
Another good job Vince.