Friday, January 1, 2021

M9 Armored Combat Earthmover (ACE)

 

This is the 1/35 scale Takom kit I built for the club January Engineering Vehicle.
The kit was well designed to provide various posing options for the suspension and the dozer blades. I chose to have it digging into rubble.

The kit includes individual track links so it is easy to pose in uneven groundwork.

This is a one man vehicle. The entire chassis other than the drivers compartment is engine and gearing of the high torque components.

This was a pretty smooth build without any real fit problems. You do need to decide in advance how you are going to pose the vehicle so you can select the correct placement for the options.

Vince B. 1-1-21

1 comment:

Don Schulte said...

I have seen this one "live", and it is an outstand9ng build. In fact, I liked it so much that I bought one to build for the same contest. Now I just have to finish it!!