Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Takom 1/35 Bergepanzer 2

This is the Takom 1/35 Bergepanzer 2.


This is the rear view. When I realized that there was a way to paint this with "candy stripped" tow bars, I immediately decided to go with this option.

 

I also wanted to deploy the crane, but I needed something to show for it, so I purchased a 1/35 scale Leopard 2 resin engine kit. The crane is not technically movable, however, if the modeler studies the drawings and assembly instructions carefully enough one will discover that if the correct steps are taken the crane will be operable. The rigging gave me fits and I am not satisfied with it. However the shovel is fully movable.

The crew figures are from Mengs modern German armor crew kit. I used the tracks from the Tamiya 1/35 Gepard kit instead of the tracks that came with the Takom kit. I weathered the model with a pins wash, and Vallejo pigments, and I used Vallejo's mat varnish for a dull coat. This is a decent kit but with some sanding required to take care of mild lines, but it all fits together well as is overall an interesting subject.

I made this base with plaster. Gave it a grey primer coat with enamel from a rattle can. Then painted my perpriotory acrylic concrete mix with an airbrush. After the content I put some pigment on it and will be updating later with more ground work stuff.

This was a challenging model, but it came out ok. Not sure if I am going to do another engineering vehicle, but we will see.

1 comment:

Mike Stucker said...

Rigging loooks OK in these photos. It just needs some weight in the lifting hook to keep them taught.
That engine is "yuge"!