Sunday, January 10, 2021

Magach 7C

 

This is another Academy kit. Its nearly the same as the Magach 6B but with the upgraded armor plating on the turret.

There are some discrepancies / errors in part identification in the instructions and some difficult options to interpret. See my notes from the Magach 6B series reports. Gather books and photos to determine which options suit you best. 

I like stuffing the turret basket with lots of stowage. A few details I did add were the solenoid and cables for the 50 cal on the mantlet and the tie down chains for the tow cables. The banners were made from wine bottle label foil. Straps are made from masking tape.

Since taking these photos I have added the antennae and painted the head and tail lights. 

I painted and masked the white stripes on the barrel. ALl done with enamels and weathered with oils. I did some sponge chipping and rubbing of worn areas.

Vince B.  1-10-21

2 comments: