Friday, April 7, 2017

2cm FlaK on SdKfz 7 chassis Halftrack

Here's my German halftrack with a quad 20mm mounted on the bed. I enjoyed building this kit and adding the many chips and scratches. I went a little overboard but it was satisfying even so. My paint chips are of two colors...a lighter shade of the yellow followed by a smaller dot of dark brown If you look closely, you can see both colors in the chips.
As usual, I think I could have done a better job weathering this model, but I am very happy with the results I came up with.













4 comments:

Vince said...

Jason, That really loos great. Love the chipping and rust marks.

Jon Baker said...

Really nice job on a tough build. I really like the extra details in the cab. Great imagination. Very cool. I especially like your treatment of the Quad 20mm. Track sag is spot on. I like to weather my pieces also, Jason. KEEP GOING!!! HAVE FUN AND BUILD, BUILD, BUILD!!

Question - Is that the old panzer general game board under neath some of the photos??

Unknown said...

Actually that is a new Advanced Squad Leader board...there are many players in the region. Are you a wargamer?

Jon Baker said...

My friend and I are getting into the BOLT series of table games. Mostly I'm a first person shooter guy. I'm playing BF1 and am a 3 star general in the old BF2.

We haven't started Bolt yet but my buddy is building the Italeri tank models that are used to play.

I played Panzer General years ago and it was a hexagonal map, too.