Saturday, April 15, 2017

"IT's A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057193/?ref_=nv_sr_1

This photo is not armor  (be careful) but I thought I'd share it non the less.

The world of model building extends to many areas. Like for example, Hollywood.

The photo shows Hollywood model maker Jim Danforth adding figures to the fire ladder for Stanley Kramer's famous scene in  "IT's A MAD, MAD, MAD, MAD WORLD". One of my favorite scenes in the entire movie as the ladder is shown catapulting people (figures) in all directions.

Hope you enjoy this non-armor item!!


2 comments:

Vince said...

Back when there were real model builders.

Jon Baker said...

1963! But remember they had a huge, well stocked shop and studio money behind them. Stan Winston is still hero. As well as Industrial Light and Magic. To my mind models are models whether printed, molded, resin , plastic, or pixels. I love all the forms of creative modeling.