Wednesday, June 24, 2020

M3 LEE (early)

This is the Takom M3 LEE kit in 1/35 scale.  I have built it pretty much straight from the box except for stowage which came from Value Gear.

I used Ammo by MIG acrylic paints with pre-shading done with darker colors and some modulation with both lighter shades of the base color and oils.


This project went smoothly (for a change). My weakest skill set is weathering.  It kind of scares me at times.  I consider my self a decent fabricator as well as an OK painter.  When it gets to weathering I freeze-up.  On this kit I decided to just let go and try a bunch of different products and techniques.  In the pics I see the warts and some stuff I got to fix, but I'm happy with the end result.

I'm working on a base with a few figures (another weak spot in my skills - but getting a bit better). 

I read an article in an art magazine that stressed the importance of creative people finishing projects even if there are warts and mistakes.  I have to admit it does feel good to claim something (the kit) as done.

Thanks for looking
George

3 comments:

Werner said...

Looks good George!

Vince said...

Hey George. I have the same problem with finishes. I keep experimenting and re-doing myself, so you are in good company. This came out great. Will you consider holding off on the base and figure so we might use for the Generals?

George Karker said...

Sure thing Vince. We can work out how I can get it to you guys.