Monday, June 22, 2020

TAMIYA MERKAVA MK I

 This is Tamiya's Merkava MK I in 1/35.
 Kit was built right out of the box with the addition of a Legends IDF Stowage set, and donated chain.
 Vehicle was painted with Vallejo Sinai Grey. It was given a pin wash and weathered with Vallejo pigments.
 The figure came with the kit.
 I built this model back in the early 2000's and gave it away, so I decided to get a new one and give it another shot.
 The kit was typical Tamiya, and it is possible to build in a few days. The detail is nice, but it could use some enhancements.
All in all, I am pleased with the way she came out. Building Tamiya kits is a pleasure and this one was no different.

2 comments:

Vince said...

This looks great. We can see it tomorrow night at the meeting.

George Karker said...

I like the color and the fading across the panels. I also like the view of the rear of the tank.

You're going to need a display case just for your IDF kits.