Thursday, June 11, 2020

Syrian T-55A

Well, the hits keep coming. Here is a quick build.  I needed a break from the scratch build projects, so of course I go to my Tamiya shelf.  Finished this one in 2 weeks, not that I was trying, just that there wasn't a stopping point. It all worked out so well. The kit I bought used and included a completed set of Fruil tracks. I only needed to cut off the pin heads. This really gave it some weight.

Though the kit was intended to be Russian version, I wanted to make it 60's Syrian so tried to use the options provided for the various configurations. It didn't matter much as the vids I found on these tanks were so beat up, I could have done just about anything to it.

The camo pattern was custom mixed Modelmaster enamels. I certainly didn't beat up the tank, but allowed for enough wear and tear without ripping off the stowage bars or fenders.  I did need to add in the fuel lines and light cables as well as some appropriate stowage. I also had some leftover decals that were appropriate.

Well that makes 27 completed projects this year, 20 of them Armor related. 
Vince B.  6-11-20

3 comments:

Fred Levesque said...

This looks amazing. Great job Vince!

Werner said...

Nice model Vince. That Tamiya T-55 kit is a gem and you nailed the paint job.

Unknown said...

The pictures are great, BUT I have seen it "LIVE" and the pictures do not do this model justice. It is an outstanding build!! You have to see it to appreciate it!! Great job, Vince!!