Thursday, February 6, 2020

An old M-3 build by HAC members

Back in the early 2000s several Houston Armor Club members took an "air brush" class  from our recently departed member, Jon Baker, at Hobby Island.  Jon taught Keith, Tom, Jorge and me how to use an airbrush, clean it, and not be afraid of it.  I constantly hear that so many hobbyist are afraid of an air brush, heck, I was too until this class!  Each of us took part in building this kit and painting it. 

As I was organizing my stash recently, I found the kit in a shoe box, just as we had left it from the class--unfinished.  I decided to finish it; adding decals, painting the tools and adding just a bit of weathering.  My intention was to pretty much leave it as the four of us had finished its assembly and painting.  Here are a few pictures of the M-3 Lee.




RIP Jon.  I will always think of you when I see this model!

2 comments:

Mike Stucker said...

Looks great great, especially for your first bit of airbrushing. Nice to see you finish it.

Unknown said...

Thanks Mike, but remember is was a class effort!!