Saturday, February 29, 2020

Springtime Distraction

Another Rail subject in 1/72. This diorama features the Hobby Boss Russian armored Train called a Drasine. I wont explain the scene as I have left it somewhat suggestive and subjective.


 I was impressed with how well the Hobby Boss kit went together in just a few hours. It took longer to do the painting and weathering layers with the  chipping, washing and drybrushing.

 I tried some newly learned techniques regarding the groundwork, trees, schrubs etc.
I am happy with this new concept of layering several features. 
It took a few extra days to allow drying in between layers, but worth it.



 The figures and accessories are all Preiser 1/72 from various sets.

The scenery was a combination of various products including some home made items I experimented with. The flowering shruberies were made from untwisted rope pieces and superglue.

Vince B. 3-1-20

No comments: