Sunday, February 9, 2020

M1117 Guardian

I have just completed this Trumpeter kit provided by Lt. Col.Chris Remy. This is my contribution to the Drone Target Identifiction project that Chris is spearheading.  Since this is for general vehicle recognition, I did NOT go into the minute details for the undercarriage.


My focus was to recreate the proper color and markings as Chris requested. Other than the antennae and tie downs, this was out of the box construction, less a few parts of the drive train. I did some weathering but not as much in the way of dirt and mud as I would normally.


This kit definately has unnecessary fidley bits and photo etc, most of which would generally be unseen so I left them off. General surface detail seemed to match what photos I found on line. There were many configurations of this vehicle used since the late 90s.

Vince B. 2-9-20


No comments: