Monday, February 3, 2020

Bergepanzer 38T mit 37mm Flak

This is a recent Dragon kit I started a few years ago. Since this was a rare vehicle, not mass produced, I thought it fitting to complete this in honor of Jon Baker. German and unusual.


The kit was typical Dragon, poorly explained instructions.  Fortunately the basic subject mater was simple 38T. It was the mounting of the 37mm Flak that was confusing. There were apparently 2 versions of the internal mounting pedestals of the gun. I just realized I forgot to mount the antenna.


I was unable to find but a few vague photos of this subject, more as bac ground. No details of an interior. There was barely enough room for the driver and a single seat gunner. No room to maneuver inside.

I took my time and learned more about weathering techniques applying washes and flters in layers after chipping and rusting. This is also the first time trying to apply techniques for making more realistic trees.

Vince B.  2-3-20

3 comments:

Werner said...

Another fine job. I have to learn how to do those trees because they (it) look(s) amazing.

Eric Ward said...

Well done Vince!

Anonymous said...

very nice job, Vince!
Before I read till the end I thought 'cool foliage!'
if I remember correctly you might have bought this kit from me... ;-)
hope to see this built in person some time
cheers
Piotr