Saturday, February 22, 2020

Bandai M61A5 " No Parking"

This is a 1/35 scale Sci Fi Tank associated with the Gundam world. It is a Bandai kit and intended to mostly be assembled without glue, like a Gindam.  Well if you want to to some detail adders, you will need to use glue and paint. I also added some LED lighting.
I wanted to try something different so decuded to do a multi colored digital pattern using measured squares and patterns of tape, adding more after each paint layer.  I think it came out pretty well.

Since it  had such a large stowage rack and this was Sci Fi, I was able to use lots of leftover stowage, some plastic and resin bits.

There was a lot of room in the interior so I modified the rear doors open and aeede an M113 interior kit and detailed the insides of the hull, just enough to be seen. 

Once I had this all going on I deced that it needed a good diorama base.  It is a combination of Old Verlinden and Dioramics Plus products along with scattered debris made up of generig stones and balsa wood.  The figures are a combination of Miniart and Masterbox..After reviewing these test photos I see a few touch ups needed. 

Vince B 2-22-20

1 comment:

Werner said...

Nice job Vince...love the camo. That vehicle is a best and build up to a great looking model.