Tuesday, February 25, 2020

"Snooze" or ""To The Front"

In this case if you Snooze you definately Lose.  This guy is on his way to the Russian Front. 


 The Ferdinand is a 1/72 scale Dragon kit.  The Flatcar is a Modelcollect kit.  Both were very nice fitting.  The only isse was the styrene tracks for the Ferdinand were way too long.  I did cut and re-glue, still having enough slack to mount on the travel blocks. I cut these from chunks of bass wood.
               
The Modelcollect Rails are NOT exactly the same as the HobbyBoss rails in 1/72.  There is maybe 2mm difference in spaceing, just enough to screw up when combining kits from both manufacturers.
In this case I did use the Modelcollect rails and the wheels fit perfectly.


 I added a few resin tent rolls from Black Dog.  The other bits and pieces with the figure on the rail car are from Preiser and Armand Bayardi.
OK.  This is my last completion for Feb, but the next one will be posted on Mar 1, which is also a 1/72 rail diorama.

Vince B. 2-25-20

2 comments:

Mike Stucker said...

Very nice. I had no idea it was 1/72 until I read the text.

Werner said...

Good job Vince.