Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Panzer IV Ausf H with 88mm Flak.

This is a Dragon kit, very typical mix of parts from various other Panzer IV kits combined with parts from 88mm Flak gun. Yes, when it wascomplete I still had half a box of parts left.  Goodies for my scrap building.

 This is a Jon Baker build. Unique, hard to get photos of. The few I found were in a scrap yard.  I included some ammo, stowage and a figure. I was pretty happy with my figure result.

 I did add copper wire for the tow cable. Since the upper hull was cut down, there wasnt enough support to add the armor skirts.  Thats why the instructions indicated to cut off the lower fender supports that were molded on.

 I did have fun with the camo pattern. I suspected that this was a late war cobbled piece of equipment, so used the tan, green, rust combo. Heavily worn and oil washed. I added washes and mud pigments to the lower hull.

Vince B.  Mar 4, 2020

No comments: