Sunday, April 5, 2020

Academy Magach 6B

This is Part 9 for some final notes.  I have completed the decaling and most of  detail painting before washes and stowage additions. At this point I only have one note.


 A) DECALS.... I do like decals that are thin and slide right onto the surface. These did NOT. After only ~ 1 min in the water, the decals came right off on their own and just curled up in the water. Not good.  The first few time this happened I had to carefully unroll them and apply. Then they did not seem to want to stick, especially the stripes around the barrel. They kept unwrapping.  I needed to apply setting solution over all of the decals.


Later this week I will post the final completed and mounted model.

Vince B.  4-5-20

1 comment:

Mike Stucker said...

I only put my decals in water for a few seconds. Started doing that several years ago. I just sit the wet decals on my cutting mat and check every once in a while to see if they are loose.

Also don't use warm tap water anymore, either. I use distilled water at room temp. Yes, warm would be better, but I get mineral deposits on the model when I used tap water.