Thursday, April 23, 2020

Romfell Armored Car

The Romfell was an armored car developed by two Austrian army officers in 1915. Only one was built and it saw little action. Originally built on a Mercedes passenger car chassis, it was later rebuilt on a captured Fiat truck chassis.

The kit is by Copper State Models in Latvia, their second armored car kit. Detail and fit of the parts is good (any errors you see in the photos are my fault) except for the fender sides in front on the rear wheels. They are too thick and I had to sand them down to properly fit in place. Paint is Vellejo & Tamiya acrylics with oil wash and some dust added around the bottom using Tamiya Weathering Master powder.







3 comments:

George Karker said...

I really like the paint scheme and the sharp quality of the iron cross.

I really should be mad at you. Your last two armored cars have really got me thinking of getting one.

Mike Stucker said...

How close to reality the paint scheme is, I don't know, but it is what was on the box lid. And I too liked it for being unusual. The decals are thin but strong and take setting solution well.

Come to the dark side...

Werner said...

That thing looks funky kool Mike!