Sunday, April 5, 2020

Char B1 Bis

Tamiya 1/35 scale kit fell right together. Tracks were snap together individual links. The kit includes a figure, tow chains and shackles.  The instructions include color charts and decals for 4 different named tanks. There are optional parts based on the various tanks. 



I really didn't need to make major modifications.  I added the full antenna and changed out the lift hooks on the turret substituting some spares. I painted the camo pattern freehand with an airbrush. After several gloss coats, I washed with oils.

The decals almost put themselves on.They went right into place even over the rivet and hull details. I did use solvent just to be sure they hugged down.

The chains were perfect though since they were chrome, needed to be primed before painting. The tools were painted individually since they needed to be installed in he rack in a certain order.

Vince B.  4-5-20

2 comments:

Mike Stucker said...

Very nice. I've always liked those French tanks (but then, I like weird stuff), despite the fact the Germans kicked their butts.

Werner said...

Nice model. I have been wanting to build one of these.