Friday, April 10, 2020

Takom M-47 E/M Patton

This is Takom's kit #2072 in 1/35 scale.  The kit gives you several choices of actual vehicles, Iranian and Spanish.  I built it straight out of the box.   I chose the Spanish version, M-47 E, because it was painted in a shade of green I did not have--Spanish Green Khaki.  I used MIG 031 as called for in the instructions, then lightened some of the larger panels with Desert Yellow from Vallejo. 

The instructions have a picture of the actual tank from "Armored Light Cavalry, Regiment RCLAC (Santoago) n 1, from 1985.
Here we go, just finished  construction.  On to painting.  Used MIG 031, Spanish Green Khaki, my first paint job with MIG!  Gonn be using them quite often from now on!!


͒͒
My favorite view!

The unit's insignia, a shield with crossed flags.

Link and length tracks are easy to assemble.



Not certain the photo truly captures the true shade of spanish green- khaki?

No comments: