Sunday, April 26, 2020

MENG MAGACH 6B 8th PART


MAGACH 6B BUILD
PART 8

So, it's done. I have completed the track assembly, painting and weathering. The base color is the Vallejo IDF Sinai Grey. I painted the front tow cables Tamiya Gunmetal before I mounted them to the hull. Once they were painted, I was able to mount them with the pins provided in the kit. Each tow cable set was a separate piece and perfectly molded in platic. The tracks were spray painted Testors Flat Black and then over sprayed with Tamiya Gun Metal. The hull was given a gloss coat, a pin wash with Tamiya Black Panel Liner. The dull coat was done with Vallejo Matt Varnish. Just a note here. Typically I use the Testors Lusterless Flat from a rattle can, but I notice it has a tendency to make anything it covers, darker then it normally would be. I decided to try the Vallejo Matt Varnish on my last model and was quite pleased that it didn't change the tone of the underlying base coat. Based on this experience I was happy to utilize it again on this model.
After the dull coat was applied, I began weathering the machine guns and some of the other edges on the turret with Uschi metalizer powder. The model was dusted primarily with Vallejo Desert Sand Pigment Powder. I also added Vallejo Natural Sienna in selected areas. The tracks were gone over with the Vallejo Desert sand and the Vallejo Natural Sienna in two different layers, based on photos of the real vehicle these colors were a very good match. After the layers of dust were applied, I went back and did some of the panel lines with Tamiya Brown Panel Liner over the dust layer I have applied. I also did this on the wheels which also had the dust layers applied. This gives a really nice affect as it (I think) it gives a more natural look.
The antennas were painted with Vallejo Ivory and tied back with EZ-line (which is a great product). I used the Tamiya Soot weathering product on the exhaust diffusers, and also on the main gun muzzle cap.
Currently, I am still awaiting the arrival of the crew and I have to work out a base for it, but I am pleased at how she came out.

To sum it all up, this is a nice kit. It has some small issues but nothing that could ever be considered a show stopper. This is a very interesting piece and is visually appealing from any angle. If you are a fan if IDF armor this would be a great addition to your collection.

Cheers.
WL
View from the front

Turret close up
View from the left side
View from the right
View from the top
From the rear



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing work Werner !!!
I’m in awe!!!😉

Vince said...

This may be your best work yet. Great job.

Werner said...

Thnx Vince. It is a great looking piece on it's own merits.

Don Schulte said...

This is outstanding!! Can't wait to see ot "live!" And discuss your finishing techniques. Vince ordered me one and cannot wait to start it following your's and Vince's lead. Great job!!

Werner said...

Thanks Don. I enjoyed building this one. I am looking forward to seeing yours when you finish!

Dylan Weeks said...

Nice blogg