Friday, March 20, 2020

Academy Magach 6B, Gal Batash

The Magach 6B is the subject of a multi part series. I am reviewing the Academy kit while Werner will be reviewing the MENG kit of the same subject.

Part 1 is an in box review pointing out important features. In general, I find Academy kits to be near equal to Tamiya, so I expect this will be a smooth build. Here is what I see in the Academy box.

A) Lower Hull is a 3 piece bathtub style.
B) Includes 1 comander and 1 gunner figure.
C) General Sprues are clean with no flash, minimal mold lines.
D) Upper Hull has excellent M-60 detailing.
E) Barrel is 3 part: halves plus Muzzle Break.
F) Road Wheels along with the ideler and drive sprokets include Polycaps.
G) Turret Basket is 4 large rectangular pieces, not the rounded individual tubular shapes of the M-60.
H) Reactive Armor is all well detailed, which has lots of add on parts for the 6B upgrade.
I) Tracks are Vinyl and do NOT glue, need to heat crimp and staple.
J) Details include nylon rope for tow cables and simple water slide decals.
K)  NO PHOTO ETCH, which is why I bought it.

Sunday, we will open the packages and begin the builds.

Vince B.  3-20-20
.

No comments: