Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Academy Magach 6B

This will be Part 4 of my review and advice on this Academy kit.

A) I completed the adjustments needed to correct my errors. I was able to insert an appropriate piece of Evergreen channel to fill the gap between the armor assemblies on the front of the hull.
 I also managed to make the connections of the side armor supports to get the assemblies in place. Again, I urge you to do the side armor assemblies and attach the supports to them before attaching to the upper hull. It will be much easier to align the parts.

B) I do not have the upper and lower hulls permanently connected at this time. There is a polycap on the lower hull to hold the upper hull in place for now. First I will prime, paint and weather the lower chassis, add the pigments etc before installing the road wheels and tracks.  All of those need to be panted and weathered separately. Once those are completed and in place, I can attach the two hull halves permanently and complete the build. You cant easily install the wheels and tracks if you have the upper hull (with side armor) already in place.

Next will be the tracks, lower hull and wheels primed painted and weathered.

Vince B. 3-25-20


No comments: