Monday, March 23, 2020

Morser - Loki

This is a project which is consolidating parts from the old and older Hasegawa kits of this subject in 1/72 scale. I had used the rail components of the carrier on another project so decided to use up as much of the remaining kits as possible. Yes there are lots more for sci fi work later.

There were really a lot of fidley bits on this requiring tweezers. It was difficult to find relevant photos of the in action type.  I decided not to use figures on this display, didnt want another diorama.  I used a combination of Humbrol, Floquil and Modelmaster laquers and enamels on this. Washed with oils and did some drybrushing for details. These old Hasegawa kits had hard vynil tracks. Had to heat squeeze and stapel the connections. 
I put on the few decals available with the kit and did some minor weathering as these units were well kept. I did some basic groundwork, sinking the tracks into the earth with heavy trails behind them.

This one was to challenge myself with an OLD kit to see what I could do with it.

Vince B  3-24-20



1 comment:

Werner said...

Those are great looking pieces Vince!