Monday, March 30, 2020

Marder III M

I did have this planned for an April completion.  So I am a few days early.
This is the 1/48 Tamiya kit of a late version of the Marder as mounted on the 38T Chassis.
Since it is a Tamiya, do I need to say more?  Ok. I will.
Of course the fit was perfect and the gun can actually swivel and elevate if you are careful with the assembly. The only detail which I thought needed work was that the  75mm rounds do not actually fit into the ammo slots in the interior. What I did was to cut down the shells and use only the heads. This way I could insert a few into the holders.
I did add some Black Dog and other parts stowage as well as accessories from Tamiya figure sets. The tiny straps are 1mm tape. I do like stowage and don't go overboard with it. Just enough to be interesting. I use ship rope to tie everything down.
I used enamel paints and oil washes with some pigment powders. The camo pattern is airbrushed freehand and blended with the washes. To answer the other question, Yes I do normally fix the stowage to the primed model before painting.  Once I find an arrangement I like, I glue in place and rope down. After finishing paining the model details I hand brush the stowage details.

Vince B.  3-30-20.


1 comment:

Werner said...

Another fine job Vince.